Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trust

Most people in the world will say they can't be married without trust. They say trust is the most important part of the marriage. I agree, but not to trust in your spouse... but to trust in the Almighty God who created you. 

Do I trust my husband, yes, about as much as I trust any sinful person. Do I know my husband will sin, yes. Do I know he is capable of any sin, yes. The difference between my marriage and maybe a different one is that I know we are ALL capable of ANY sin. So, why be surprised he sins? Why be surprised or 'offended' when anyone sins? Why be surprised that it 'hit so close to home'? There are almost a million registered sex offenders in the USA. (Those are the ones that have been convicted of their crimes.) There are 45 murders a day in America - do the math - that's 16,425 murders a year. This may not seem like much, but to the family of the victims, it is. It may be your family someday. It may be mine. It may have already been your family, it was already mine. What's my point? Know that your loved ones are going to sin, they are going to hurt you.

Philippians 1:29
For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake,
not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake...
 
Acts 14:22
...strengthening the disciples and encouraging them
to remain true to the faith.
"We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.
 
 
There are tons of verses that talk about Christians suffering for His Glory. I believe it is what we choose to do with the pains of this world that matters. The 'suffering for His sake' - personally I think it is a choice we make.
 
We can choose to accept the following to be truth - 
 
2 Corinthians 2:4
He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.
When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
 
Or not.
 
I do.
 
I completely believe that my trust should
only be in God. I do not trust man.
I don't have to trust man to have a great marriage, because I trust the one who put us together.
 
 
Psalm 146:3
Do not trust in princes,
In mortal man,
in whom there is no salvation.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment